My three year old is obsessed (OBSESSED!!!!!) with all things construction lately. We happen to have a lot of road work and building going on ’round these parts too, so every time we get in the car and leave our neighborhood, my son is in his glory – calling out the names of every construction truck he sees. Digger! Excavator! Bulldozer! Crane Truck! Dump Truck! Jackhammer! Forklift! Oh yes, he knows them all. I do too now, thanks to him. 🙂
I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to share his obsession with his classmates, so I started digging around online (see what I did there?) and found these cute little pull-back diggers on Amazon.
To make them cute, my good friend Target helped me with some felt hearts and party bags, and I created my own little digger valentine on cardstock (Thank you, Google Images). 🙂
Sticky dots, always. ALWAYS.
A little hole punching here…
A little twine there…
A super cute and totally rad valentine that won’t give the kiddos a sugar rush or cavities.
Make Your Own!!!
- Get the Diggers HERE. (You could instead do construction stickers)
- Get the Printable HERE (Name is left blank so you can write it in)
- Twine — Target, your local craft store, or my favorite, The Shipping Guru
- Baggies — Target in the party aisle or your local craft store
- Felt Hearts — you can get anywhere, OR you could simply use a heart punch on cardstock, OR forget the heart all together and just hole punch the valentine.